Friday, January 5, 2018
Welcome Back
Welcome Back Readers! The blog took a little break but the bookclub did not. Wildflower bookclub used Facebook the past few years to plan club night but Facebook just doesn't have the same capabilities of keeping track of the books we read like this blog does. So here we go, with a brand new look and a brand new year. The side bars have all been updated to include all the books we have been reading the past few years. Check them out if you haven't read them already.
This bookclub started as a neighborhood group and has grown to include many old and new members. As people move out of the neighborhood and new people move in, we don't move out of the the bookclub! It's awesome. We love having friends from all over the place and we love still reading together, even if we can't see you each month anymore.
So keep up the reading, and leave us some recommendations and reviews of the books you love reading. Plus, we want to know what works best for you in your busy life to keep reading. Why is reading important to you? How do you fit it in? Why do you like being a part of a book club?
I know I love reading because of many reasons. It is rejuvenating and relaxing for me to read. I also find that I retain more information from books that I have read for enjoyment...maybe because there is no stress. I just love learning about things from books. But most of all, I love being able to see how others think and perceive the world. I think it makes me a better human being. I fit it in at night and down times. It is always easier to be patient and wait for things, like in a doctor's office, if I have something to read. I even prefer reading over watching television most of the time. Most of all, I love book club because of the friendships I have with people. Talking about books is not only a conversation starter, but it helps me get to know each one of the ladies better as they talk about their thoughts and experiences. I love talking about real issues and not just fluff. It's how we really connect with each other.
We have our kick off meeting soon to discuss the upcoming year. I'm excited to see what we will be reading this year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment